I would like to show how I made a flower vase out of plastic bottle. This flower vase can be used to keep both artificial and natural flowers. For keeping artificial plants or flowers use pebbles or sand in order to fill the vase and for natural flowers use water. This piece of craft is completely made out of plastic bottles. We use a lid of relatively large container as a base for the flower vase. Use spray paint or painting brush to paint the flower vase.
1) Plastic bottle
2) Lid of a container
3) Artificial plants or Natural flowers
5) Cutting blade
6) Glue gun or any adhesive for plastic bonding
7) Iron box
8) Spray paint or Acrylic paint
First of we shall make the vase from the plastic bottles. For that,
1) Take any plastic bottle of desired shape. Decide the required size for your flower vase and select a plastic bottle.
2-3) Cut out the top quarter of the plastic bottle as shown in the image. 4-5) Now using a hot iron box curve the brim of the cut out plastic bottle. Set your iron box to a low temperature and slowly slide the brim of the plastic bottle on the surface of the iron box in a circular motion. 6) Now take a lid of a container. While selecting the lid it should have a size approximately equal to the brim of the bottle so as to get a good shape for the flower vase. 7-8) Apply hot glue at the center of the lid top and fix the bottle head on to the top of the lid as shown in the image.
Now we have made a simple flower vase.
1-2) Using a white acrylic spray paint paint the flower vase. Apply a second coat a few minutes after the first coat.
3) Now I have made one more flower vase in the same way. You can try with bottles having different shape and size. 4-5) This time I have planned to give a black acrylic color for the second flower vase. 6-10) Finally, i have made one more flower vase to give a gradient effect on it. For this, the flower vase is lay down and spray painted with black on one side. Thereafter on the other side it’s spray painted white as shown in the image.
Add Plants or Flowers:
Finally, we need to place plants or flowers inside the flower vase. We can keep both artificial and natural plants and flowers in this flower vase.
1-6) For an artificial plant or flower use pebbles or sand in order to fill the vase. I have placed to artificial plants in the black and white flower vases.
7-9) Now, for a natural flower we can fill the vase with water. This could extend the freshness of flower in flower vase. I have placed a bunch of red roses in the flower vase as shown in the image.
So we have finished the Flower Vase. It’s a cheap flower vase as it’s a recycled plastic bottle craft. Hope you all enjoyed this tutorial.