DIY today for creating this boxy mini makeup bag. Compact enough for your stylish purse but big enough to fit all your touch up supplies you may need for a party, evening out, or special event like a wedding.
If you’ve never worked with a zipper before, this will be a great project to learn on. I promise, it’s really easy!
Two coordinating fabric (one is preferably upholstery weight), Zipper, Coordinating thread, Pins, Sewing Machine, Scissors, Ruler
1. Cut two pieces of each fabric choice. Each piece should be 5 1/2 x 9 1/2
2. Lay one of the outer fabrics face up on your table, and set the zipper on top, face down so the top edge meets the top edge of the fabric. Then lay one of your lining pieces right side down to meet the top edge as well.
3. Pin along that top edge so all three pieces are attached.
4. Baste with needle and thread and then sew with your zipper foot along that top edge. Move your outer fabric so it’s on the outside, right side up.
5. Now place the second lining fabric right side up on your table, then sandwich the pieces you just sewed in between, and finishing with the second outer piece right side down on top.
6. Pin, baste and sew with the zipper foot on the top edge like you did for the other side.
7. After sewing, iron the outer pieces flat, and then fold them together so the outer pieces are right side together and lining pieces sandwiching them.
8. Pin at the opposite side of the zipper and sew along that bottom edge.
9. Move the zipper to the middle, unzip it halfway and sew along those two sides, through the zipper (pinch the zipper together when you’re sewing through it).
10. Pinch each edge in and measure with your ruler 2 1/2 inches across.
11. Mark with a pen that line and then pin next to the it. Sew along the line you drew and then snip off the triangle end. Do the same for all four sides.
12. Fold it inside out, so the outer pieces are on top and you’re done!
Hope you like this tutorial.
Image by Liz Daly
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to like us Facebook for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with Art & Craft!