I saw the tiny toes of my newest nephew, i wanted to make him some booties. Without knowing how to crochet or knit, i went with my favorite medium: felt. i winged it with the pattern, but i’m pretty happy with how they turned out! tiny shoes are just the cutest.
- 1 sheet colored felt
- 1 sheet white felt
- 1 sheet black felt
- white embroidery floss
- 40″ of white cord, cut in half
- cut out pieces according to pattern.
- punch holes for lacing (i used a leather punch)
- blanket stitch the sides and top edge of back panels.
- overlap the toe cap 3/8″ from the edge of the tongue. blanket stitch pieces together.
- blanket stitch around the tongue
- mark the center back of back panel with a pin.
- fold the loops in half lengthwise and stitch to center back, using an X.
- sandwich all 3 layers of the sole together. use pins to mark where toe cap placement.
- baste around the toe cap, 1/8″ from the edge.
- gather basting stitches and pin to the sole, lining up with markings
- stitch toe cap to sole, going through all layers.
- once around the toe cap, reverse stitch back through all layers.
- remove basting stitches. fill toe with tissue and press the seam allowance so it lays flat.
- pin center back of back panel to center back of sole.
- starting where the toe cap ends, stitch sides and back panel to the sole, going through all layers.
- when you reach the toe cap on the other side, reverse stitch back through to the beginning.
- lace up and slip in your tiny toes!
Hope you like this tutorial.
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to like us Facebook for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with Art & Craft!
Needed yarn and 5 needles (I semenovskaya Olga yarn 100g / 392m, needles №2)
Dial loops 40, 10 on each needle
1, 2 row – facial;
3 – purl;
4 – with two front, nakida, etc .;
5 – face;
6 – purl;
7, 8 – facial;
Then repeat 3 times 2 – 8 rows.
Next 2 rows knit facial;
In the next row each spoke vyvyazat 2 “holes” (on each spoke 1p.- knit front and two together as the front, nakida, 3n -. Face, the two together as a face, nakida, 2n -. Facial).
Next 5 rows knit facial loops.
Then knit tab:
On a working number knitting needle 2 move 2 more loops with needles number 1 and number 3, received 12 loops, the remaining 28 should be postponed or so and left them on three needles (№1 – 9 loops, №2 – 12 loops №3 – 9 loops, №4 – 10 loops) or transfer them to other circular needles (and line) or the pin knitting.
On 12 loops (spoke №2) knit pattern:
1, 2 row – facial;
3rd row – along two front, nakida, etc .;
4, 5, 6 row – purl;
Next 3 times repeat rows 1-6.
Next 4 rows stocking st (on the front side – the front surface of) .Poluchilas upper part of the foot.
Dial on the lateral parts of the newly connected top of booties on 10 stitches and put into operation the remaining loops, distributing them on the needles as follows: on the first spoke 10 loops (toe), the second and fourth of 20 loops (lateral parts), the third spoke 10 loops (the heel). A total of 60 loops.
Knit 12 rows garter st in a circle (alternating rows and rows backstitches facial loops).
Next 7 rows stocking st, 8 th row.
Snap to the first of the 7-series. I tie this way: on the extra needle loops dress series, which binds the base web. Then I provyazyvayu 2 loops at the same time, with 2 spokes.
Temporarily put aside all the loops, except the 10 stitches middle portion (heel) and knit them out of the sole. Knit the front stitch, at the end of each row of the last loop of the sole provyazyvaem together with the next loop of the number of pending, is obtained from left and right. When all loops are knit side parts, close the loop toe and heel loop, sew the edge of a knitted stitch (you can twist on the wrong side and knit series in the two loops together, one at a time with the other spokes with spokes №2 №4).