I saw the tiny toes of my newest nephew, i wanted to make him some booties. Without knowing how to crochet or knit, i went with my favorite medium: felt. i winged it with the pattern, but i’m pretty happy with how they turned out! tiny shoes are just the cutest.
- 1 sheet colored felt
- 1 sheet white felt
- 1 sheet black felt
- white embroidery floss
- 40″ of white cord, cut in half
- cut out pieces according to pattern.
- punch holes for lacing (i used a leather punch)
- blanket stitch the sides and top edge of back panels.
- overlap the toe cap 3/8″ from the edge of the tongue. blanket stitch pieces together.
- blanket stitch around the tongue
- mark the center back of back panel with a pin.
- fold the loops in half lengthwise and stitch to center back, using an X.
- sandwich all 3 layers of the sole together. use pins to mark where toe cap placement.
- baste around the toe cap, 1/8″ from the edge.
- gather basting stitches and pin to the sole, lining up with markings
- stitch toe cap to sole, going through all layers.
- once around the toe cap, reverse stitch back through all layers.
- remove basting stitches. fill toe with tissue and press the seam allowance so it lays flat.
- pin center back of back panel to center back of sole.
- starting where the toe cap ends, stitch sides and back panel to the sole, going through all layers.
- when you reach the toe cap on the other side, reverse stitch back through to the beginning.
- lace up and slip in your tiny toes!
Hope you like this tutorial.
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to like us Facebook for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with Art & Craft!