World Environment Day on the 5th of June, | Preschool Activities, crafts, lesson plans, coloring pages suitable for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten. it’s the day organizations and individuals the world over raise awareness on various topics related to our environment. This year, the theme is ‘Seven billion dreams. One planet. Consume with care’. The focus is on making our general consumption intelligent, without harming the planet and leaving behind resources for future generations.
Here are list of creative Environment Day Crafts:
1. Environment Day special Earth Sign Craft (Tutorial)
- Blue construction paper
2. Let your little ones get in touch with the earth and search for natural materials to make these quaint little dragon flies.
- small twig
- 2 maple tree propeller seeds (dried out)
- aqua colored paint (or choose a color of paint you would like to use)
- glitter glue (color of your choice)
- small black beads or stones
- paper plate
- tacky glue or glue gun (glue gun requires adult assistance)
3. You can’t celebrate environment day without keeping your surroundings clean!! Let this cute frog trash can help you; you can also use plastic canisters instead of milk jugs.
What you will need:
- Empty Oatmeal Canister
- Craft Foam
- Matching Acrylic Paint
- Construction Paper
- Pom Poms
- Wiggle Eyes
- Glue, Sharpie Marker, Printer Paper, Yarn and Scissors
4. This gorgeous papier-mache globe requires just a balloon and lots of newspaper! A perfect way to remind us of the planet whose resources we’re using!
This activity is appropriate for: 1st – 4th grade / 6 – 10 years
You will need:
- A round balloon
- Recycled newspaper
- Bowl of water-flour mixture (one part flour for two parts water) or use starch
- Continent Outlines Template
- Superbright Liquid Tempera Paint – 1 Gallon
- All-Purpose Paintbrush Assortment – Set of 30
- Washable Fine-Tip Markers – Class Pack
5. The best kind of music is the natural kind! Caress the wind with this one-of-its-kind recycled key wind chime.
- at least 5 old keys
- a piece of drift wood or stick
- string or fishing line
- optional: acrylic paint
6. You won’t believe that this gorgeous flower arrangement is made out of nothing but egg cartons and paint! Recycling was never so pretty!
Raid your recyclables to create these six fun kids crafts made of paper towel rolls, egg cartons, recycled cereal boxes, and empty plastic bottles.
7. Spring Flower Pot Pudding Pie Dessert Embrace the flower power of World Environment Day
- 6 Ripe Has Avocados
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 2 cups of chocolate graham crackers
8. On World Environment Day, Mr. Potato Head dresses up as Mr. Recycle Head, and he looks great!! Repurpose an old can and other craft supplies to make this little guy!
Spread the fun out a little bit.
9. DIY Tissue Tree Craft for Environment Day
In honor of Environment Day, we are “branching out” and making a tissue paper tree. We came across Projects for Preschoolers post and just loved the idea.
Supplies you need:
- Tissue paper
- Cardboard tube
- Single piece of paper as background
10. Who knew that you can turn rocks, yes plain rocks, into something as cute as these painted rock lady bugs! Just be sure to get smooth rocks to be safe.
- smooth round rocks
- red paint
- black paint or a permanent black marker
- jiggly eyes
- tacky glue
11. If you’ve got lots of little toys floating around but your kids don’t want to throw them away, here’s an idea – save them from the landfills and make a toy wreath!
- 18” wire wreath
- truckload of small toys
- hot glue gun
- 5 or so glue sticks
- heavy duty wire
- strips of fabric
12. How they are going to change the world for the better.
- 2 sheets of paper per child
- blue and green paint
- red glitter glue
- a pencil
13. Inspire your children to plant a tree in honor of Earth Day with this free printable kit!
You could use Non Toxic, V.O.C. Free Acrylic Paints For Kids from Nature of Art for Kids!
- White T-shirt
- Acrylic paint
14. If you’re replaced your plain bulbs with CFL ones, don’t throw them away yet! Use them to make these super cute recycled hot air balloons! Be careful though, and be with your child throughout.
15. How to Help Save the Environment
How to Help Save the Environment. Taking steps to conserve and reuse is easier than you might think. You can do your part just by changing your daily habits. To help save the environment, try decreasing energy and water consumption.
Hope you like these environmental day craft ideas & tutorials.
Which one you like most?We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to like us Facebook for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with Art & Craft!